Cockroaches tend to take shelter in places that have narrow cracks or crevices. In your home, this could be places like behind the refrigerator, under the sink, in a dark drawer or cabinet, or even in major appliances. Since cockroaches like dark, damp places to live, they could take shelter in many different Boise homes or buildings. For example, if apartments like Village East or Fairview Crossing had tenants with a damp or dirty space, cockroaches could easily infiltrate their home!
Get Lost Pest Control is your local Boise exterminator company that has the tools to address and eliminate pest problems like those!
- Cockroaches all have oval-shaped bodies
- Their bodies will appear flat and measure from ¾ up to 3 inches in length
- The color of cockroaches scales from brown to red, though they can be white for a short time after molting
Cockroaches can be a huge allergen source and potentially be an asthma trigger. They can also carry bacteria that can make you ill if left on food. The World Health Organization also reports that cockroaches can carry pathogens that may cause a variety of diseases including gastroenteritis, dysentery, cholera, leprosy, typhoid fever, plague, poliomyelitis, and salmonellosis.
- Keep your house clean
- Limit the places that you eat
- Store food in sealed containers
- Take out your trash regularly
- Dry up moist areas
- Seal entrances and access points
- Repair loose siding or any rotting wood boards
For your home:
- Clean up
- Use sticky traps
- Sometimes you can use smells like thyme, citrus, basil, mint, and citronella
- If you touch a cockroach, wash your hands immediately
- If a cockroach bites you, wash the area with warm soapy water as soon as possible
- If you touch your eyes, nose, mouth or an open wound after touching a contaminated item, their pathogens can enter your body and cause infection
- If you feel sick after any of the items listed above, you may need to see your doctor
Cockroaches are nasty insects that involve a lot of health risks, and are probably not a pest you want to get rid of on your own. As your local Boise exterminators, Get Lost Pest Control has the experience to properly get rid of cockroaches in your house. Get Lost Pest Control is a company that’s here to help, so don’t hesitate to give us a call!