Flies can be a major nuisance pest. They seem to come around at the worst times, like when you’re trying to visit with friends or preparing food. They could live anywhere from your home to different kinds of restaurants like Happy Teriyaki or Barbacoa. Flies are especially gross because they can carry parasites that can be harmful to humans. Get Lost Pest Control is your Eagle fly control company that will help you to have a fly-free zone! Give us a call now to get the elimination process started.
- Flies have 3 main body parts: head, abdomen, and thorax
- Adult flies are usually about one-quarter inch in length, but depending on the species can grow over an inch long
- Flies can come in shades of black, gray, yellow, green, and more
- Flies have red colored compound eyes, which give them the ability to detect movement and changing light patterns
- Flies have 2 wings, which can beat up to 200 times per second
Flies can carry many different pathogens and parasites. It has been known that flies have transmitted at least 65 different diseases to humans, including things like Typhoid Fever, Cholera, Dysentery, Yaws, Anthrax, Leprosy and more. Flies can also carry diseases that can harm pets, so it’s important to get your fly population under control.
- Wipe down dirty surfaces
- Take out the trash regularly
- Store food in sealed containers and try not to leave any sitting out
- Regularly clean your house and bathroom
- Clean up after your pets
- Seal any cracks and crevices to prevent them coming inside
- Make sure your landscape doesn’t have dirty, standing water
There are a few different methods you could try to treat for flies. One method is that you can buy some lemongrass essential oil and put at least 20 drops in a spray bottle to spray the flies. Another method might be that instead of using a regular flyswatter you could use an electrical flyswatter to see if that works any better. Lastly, you could attempt to put up some fly ribbons around the populated area.
Though the methods I’ve stated might be helpful with reducing your fly population, the best results will come from using a pest control professional. That’s why your local Eagle fly control company, Get Lost Pest Control, is here to help! Don’t hesitate to give us a call.