Elm Seed Bugs:
Elm Seed bugs are considered a nuisance in Idaho, though they do not harm trees, buildings, or pose any threat to human health. Elm Seed bugs like to crawl into your home or property using entry points such as windows. This could indicate that they could enter many common places in Emmett that have windows, such as Artic Circle or Jacksons. If you are tired of seeing Elm Seed bugs crawl into your home, call Get Lost Pest Control, your local Emmett Elm Seed bug control company!
- Adults are 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch long
- They have an alternating red/mahogany and black pattern outside of the wings with a red abdomen
- They mostly feed on elm seed trees, leaves, and sap, without causing any damage to the tree
- Elm Seed bugs group together on the outside of structures, and especially enjoy coming indoors during hot summer months
- Elm Seed bugs are normally smaller than boxelder bugs, and are usually not as orange in color
Elm Seed bugs are not dangerous to humans, and they cannot bite or sting. Even though they are not dangerous, they are still considered a nuisance pest since they like to hangout indoors.
You can try to prevent Elm Seed bugs from entering your home by making sure you have secure seals for your windows, doors, and screens. Cleaning up nearby debris and elm seeds that have fallen on the ground can also help prevent the spread of the population. Lastly, when it’s practical you can prune your Elm trees to help reduce the food source for the Elm Seed bugs.
To treat for Elm Seed bugs on your property, you can try to set up sticky traps around your home’s entry points to trap the bugs. However, sticky traps are not always effective. Getting your house serviced by professionals with professional grade product, is a much more effective way to treat your home! That’s why it will be worth it when you call your local Emmett Elm Seed pest control company, Get Lost Pest Control.