Paper wasps are very common in Idaho, and they can be seen buzzing around many different spots. These stinging insects come out in droves during the warm weather. Wasps can multiply quickly and infest places like homes, trees, and fences. With that being said, wasps could easily take residence in different Emmett locations such as Cold Mountain Creek Restaurant or Tom’s Cabin. Wasp control is a hard job that can be scary at times, which is why you can count on the professionals at Get Lost Pest Control to be your Emmett wasp control experts!
- Black and yellow stripes
- Paper wasp length is commonly .5 to 1.5 inches long
- Legs can “dangle” when in flight
- Nests resemble an umbrella, constructed of wood pulp
- They have long, slender bodies
- Remove attractants or food sources. Some examples would be things that are sugary, such as rotten fruit, leftover pop cans, or the food in hummingbird feeders.
- If you see wasps often, it is important to continually inspect your property for nests to stop them from forming. Pay close attention to fences, sheds, and the eaves of your home.
- Trim back thick or overgrown bushes and shrubs. Wasps will seek out plants and vegetation as a safe zone to start building their nests.
- Place wasp traps. It is important to place the traps in early spring, when the queen wasps first emerge from their overwintering spots. It is best to hang traps away from doorways or areas of the yard where you frequently gather.
Although paper wasps are not especially aggressive, they are territorial and will defend their nest if disturbed. Wasps are capable of stinging multiple times, so it’s best to be careful around nearby nests or foraging sites (like around your fence or on the eaves of your home or sheds).
With the rapid rate that wasp colonies can grow, infestations can easily become too much to handle on your own. The professional technicians at Get Lost Pest Control are equipped with the proper tools and safety equipment to tackle wasp issues of any size. Effective wasp extermination requires a consistent treatment schedule and paying close attention to detail. Our no-contract service offers flexibility, without locking you into an expensive payment schedule. Call Get Lost Pest Control for a free quote from your Emmett wasp control professionals!