Gophers are rodents that can be found in North and Central America. They are rodents that live mostly underground in burrows and like to make tunnels. Though some gophers may look cute, they are herbivores that can end up eating your plants and vegetation- not to mention destroying your yard in the process. They could destroy land anywhere in Kuna that has dirt or vegetation, like Whistle Stop Garden or Rustic Gardens. Gophers can also get rather large in population, which is why it’s best to call your local Kuna pest control company to help you resolve the situation! Call Get Lost Pest Control for help with your Gopher infestation. We will give you a free service bid, and don’t make you sign any contracts!
- Small-medium sized rodent with brown fur that can often match the soil that they live in
- Normally 5.9 to 7.9 inches in length, with a 4-inch tail to help them with navigation
- They have whitish feet with dark brown paws and nails used for digging
- They have beady eyes, and whiskers around their dark gray nose
- If possible, decrease the food supply around your yard and house to stop the gophers from being able to get to it
- Use gopher baskets to protect your plants
- Build a fence that extends into the ground so that the gophers can’t burrow
- Repel gophers by placing castor oil pellets, peppermint oil, or fabric softener sheets in the burrows closest to your house
For Humans: Though gophers can carry diseases, it is extremely rare for a gopher to pass diseases onto a human. However, it’s still a good idea to keep your distance from them and keep an eye on your small children if you have known gophers in the area.
For your Home and Yard: Gophers can damage your landscape, your utilities, and end up decreasing the value of your home.
To treat for gophers you can try using techniques like trapping or bait stations, however it is important to read the directions and all warnings on the labels. Treating for gophers can be difficult and time consuming, which is why we recommend using local Kuna pest control professionals. Get Lost Pest Control has the knowledge and equipment you need to properly take care of your pest needs, with no hassle for you!