Gophers in Kuna are a severe problem and the issue seems to be getting worse every year. Gophers do the most damage underground, where the damage is likely to go unnoticed. They commonly kill trees and plants, ruin lawns, destroy gardens and crops, and make pastures hazardous to livestock. Gophers tend to reproduce quickly, and without professional extermination, they are very difficult to eradicate. When you have gophers on your property, you will want to call in a professional Kuna Gopher Exterminator to help you solve your problem.
Identification and Behavior:
Gophers usually remain underground in their burrows, while occasionally coming above ground to feed near their holes. They create these burrows by tunneling and pushing the dirt to the surface. Fresh mounds of soil are a good indicator of recent gopher activity. These mounds are typically horseshoe or crescent shaped.
Why are gophers in Kuna so damaging?
- While burrowing and creating tunnels under your property, they push up many large mounds of dirt. These mounds are unattractive and the holes made by the gophers can injure cows, horses, and other livestock. The mounds are problematic for golf courses like Falcon Crest Golf Course and they can damage farm and other machinery.
- Gophers have big appetites. They will feed on many different things, including flowers, trees, shrubs, crops, flowers, and garden vegetables. They can cause serious damage to agricultural areas. While burrowing, they will eat the roots of plants they come across. A gopher infestation could wreak havoc for businesses such as Cloverdale Nursery Turf Farm.
- Similar to other common rodents, gophers tend to chew through things. They have been known to chew their way through water lines, sprinkler lines, and other underground utilities.
- Gophers will leave damage even after they are removed. Their abandoned tunnels can funnel irrigation water away from your crops or landscaping.
- Gophers do not hibernate, thus they are active at all times of the year. This means you can expect to potentially see new gopher mounds and activity during any month of the year.
If you are seeing crescent shaped dirt mounds or other signs of gopher infestations on your property, it is time to say goodbye to those gophers! Traditional extermination methods make it difficult to rid your Kuna property of gophers. At Get Lost Pest Control, we use an eradication system called pressurized exhaust rodent control (PERC). This is the most effective and safe solution for eliminating gophers. We use an internal combustion engine to pump a lethal concentration of carbon monoxide into the gopher’s existing tunnel systems to eliminate gophers safely and effectively. With our process, there are no explosions that would disturb horses or other livestock. In addition, there are no traps or poisons that can cause danger to children and pets. We offer residential, commercial, and agricultural gopher extermination in Kuna. Contact us at Get Lost Pest Control today to get a professional Kuna Gopher Exterminator out to your property right away!