Mice may look cute, but unfortunately they can pose a health risk, and therefore they aren’t something you want residing in your home. Mice live in and around homes, farms, commercial structures, and in open fields and agricultural lands. Meridian provides many habitats for the mice to choose from, such as business buildings or farms like Mountain View Business Center or Willowgate Farms. You don’t want to deal with these mice on your own, so call your local Meridian pest control company, Get Lost Pest Control!
- Mice have small slender bodies
- They can come in shades of brown, white, or black
- Blunt or tapered muzzles
- Scruffy hair
- Narrow feet with bald soles
- Prominent ears
- Sharp, small claws
Mice can be dangerous to humans and spread diseases such as hantavirus, salmonella, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV) through their feces, even if you are careful not to touch them or come into contact. Mouse feces and urine can also dry and turn to dust, spreading the viruses into the air we breathe.
- Keep all cracks in your house sealed with metal or cement
- Make sure to regularly close your doors and windows
- Store food in sturdy containers with tight lids
- Dispose of all food and waste
- Keep floors and surface areas in your house as clean as you can
To treat for mice, make sure they don’t have access to any food, and get rid of their nesting materials safely- preferably with gloves and a face mask. You can also try to use natural mice repellents like peppermint oil, cayenne pepper, regular pepper, and cloves. However, those methods don’t always work, and there’s a large chance that the mice may return. That’s why reaching out to the trained Meridian professionals at Get Lost Pest Control is the best option for you! Give us a call now, and we’ll schedule you a free service bid!