Ants are well known throughout the world and live on almost every continent, except for Antarctica. In Idaho, there are roughly 87 different species of ants. However, only about 25 of those species will be found near homes. As a lot of people may know, an ant’s habitat is underground, where they make nests and tunnels to house their food, eggs, and their young. Ants prefer to live in dry soil areas where there is a low amount of traffic. With that being said, ants could reside at many different places in Middleton, like Roadside Park or Foote Park. Ants could also build a home near any structure that has dry soil, which means your home or business is not off limits. If you start seeing ants infesting your property, call Get Lost Pest Control, your local Middleton ant control company. At Get Lost Pest Control, our Middleton ant control technicians will work as hard as they can to eradicate your ant issue!
- Ants have a noticeable tiny waist
- They have a head, thorax, and abdomen
- Ants have long skinny legs and bent antennae
- Ants vary in size from 0.75 to 52 mm
Ants are not directly harmful to humans, however some people might be allergic to ants and could be affected that way. If an ant happens to bite you, make sure to wash that area so that it doesn’t become painful or get infected. Ants can also potentially spread different kinds of bacteria and destroy structures.
- Keep greenery trimmed and away from your structure so ants can’t crawl in from there
- Use silicon caulk to seal cracks and crevices
- Keep your home clean by wiping off the counters, vacuuming, and making sure there are no dirty dishes or food left out for the ants to eat
- Store your food in well-sealed containers
To treat for ants there are some at home remedies you can do, like deploy ant traps around your home. However, ant traps are not always effective in eliminating an entire ant colony. That’s why it’s important to call professionals to make sure your ant problem doesn’t get out of control. The Middleton ant control professionals at Get Lost Pest Control have the experience you’re looking for to assist you with your ant troubles!