Paper wasps are a common sight during Idaho summers. These stinging insects emerge in droves during warm weather — multiplying rapidly and creating unsightly nests on places like homes, trees, and fences. Wasp extermination is no easy task and should be done with caution. Rely on the professionals at Get Lost Pest Control to be your Nampa wasp exterminator, and enjoy peace of mind this summer!
Paper Wasp Identification:
- Black and yellow stripes
- 5/8 to ¾ inch long
- Slender, elongated body
- Legs “dangle” when in flight
- Nests resemble an umbrella, constructed of wood pulp
Paper wasp nests can vary in size. Most are anywhere from 1 – 10 inches in diameter. Although paper wasps are not especially aggressive, they are territorial and will defend their nest if disturbed. Because wasps are capable of stinging multiple times, be careful around nearby nests or foraging sites. Foraging sites can often be at your home, but wasps can also form nests around places with corners or fences, like the Warhawk Air Museum, or somewhere like the Ford Idaho Center.
What Can I Do?
Wasps are prolific social insects in Idaho. If left unchecked, nests will grow rapidly, and the population will increase throughout the warm months. There are actions a homeowner can take to help reduce wasps on their property.
- Remove attractants or food sources. Rotten fruit or berries, soda cans, and hummingbird feeders are all sugary items that wasps love.
- Inspect your property for nests. Pay close attention to fences, sheds, and the eaves of your home. If you do choose to treat a wasp nest on your own, do so in the early morning or after dark while the wasps are not active.
- Trim back thick or overgrown bushes and shrubs. Wasps will seek out such vegetation as a safe & secure spot to build a nest.
- Place wasp traps. These should be installed in early spring, when the queen wasps first emerge from their overwintering spots. Hang traps away from doorways or areas of the yard where you frequently gather.
Professional Wasp Extermination in Idaho
A wasp infestation can quickly become too much to handle on your own. The professional technicians at Get Lost Pest Control are equipped with the proper tools and safety equipment to tackle wasp issues, large and small. Our wasp extermination process includes the following:
- Physical removal of nests.
- Elimination of active wasps using an instant-kill insecticide.
- Application of a long-lasting insecticide to the eaves of your home or other affected areas.
Effective wasp extermination requires attention to detail and a consistent treatment schedule. Our no-contract programs offer flexibility, without locking you into an expensive service agreement. Call Get Lost Pest Control for a free quote from your Nampa wasp exterminator!