In Idaho, we’re no strangers to snakes. This is probably due to our rocky mountains and flowing rivers. Snakes can be found in places like New Plymouth parks or New Plymouth rivers. Unfortunately, they can also occasionally be found at homes or properties around Idaho. At Get Lost Pest Control, we understand that snakes can be alarming, and we don’t want you to have to deal with them on your own. We will send you our qualified, professional snake control technicians to help take care of your snake problem!
- Snakes in Idaho can have multiple colors such as brown, white, gray, tan, black and green
- Snakes in Idaho will normally range from about 3 to 6 feet in length, depending on the species
- There are 3 main snakes in Idaho: a western rattlesnake, a gopher snake, and a garter snake
- You can identify snakes by their length, head and pupil shape, and patterns and coloration
- Snakes can live for 10 to 40 years and survive by eating frogs or other small animals
The snake in Idaho that poses a threat to humans is the Western Rattlesnake. This snake is venomous, and while they are normally not aggressive, they will bite if they feel threatened. A snake bite from a Western Rattlesnake requires immediate medical attention. Gopher snakes and Garter snakes are non-venomous and don’t normally pose a threat to humans, though they could potentially still try to strike if they’re feeling threatened.
- One of the biggest things you can do to stop a snake from entering your property is having a fence that surrounds your property line
- Fix any holes or cracks that may be in your home or in places like a shed
- When landscaping, avoid using things like mulch and large rocks
- Keep your yard free of clutter or low growing plants where snakes can hide
- Try to get rid of a snake’s food source such as mice or frogs
Something you can try to do if you come across a snake is open your doors and windows so that the snake can try to leave, but remember to remain calm. If the snake can’t quickly find the exit, it’s best to call your local New Plymouth snake removal company to help finish the process. Get Lost Pest Control is your go-to wildlife trapping and removal company. We are family owned and contract-free! Give us a call now.