Squirrels typically live in wooded areas so that they can make a home inside of trees. Squirrels are also mainly herbivorous, and like to eat things including grass and flowers. That makes cities like New Plymouth, Idaho a perfect place for them to inhabit. Unfortunately, that means they’ll likely get comfortable in any places that have their food source, which could even include your property! They could also live in places like parks such as Kiwanis or Horseshoe Park. At Get Lost Pest Control, we know that squirrels can be a nuisance, especially when they do things like make holes in your yard to bury their food. Don’t feel like you need to put up with those pesky squirrels! Get Lost Pest Control is your local New Plymouth wildlife control, trapping, and removal company that can assist you with your wildlife pest needs!
- Coloring of squirrels can vary from shades of tan, brown, red, white or gray
- There are 3 types of squirrels that live in Idaho: American Red Squirrel, Fox Squirrel, and Northern Flying Squirrel
- The average length for squirrels in Idaho is 11-25 inches which includes their bushy tail
- Squirrels are small rodents that only weigh about 7-9 ounces
- Squirrels are herbivores and eat things like nuts, seeds, flowers, and more
Squirrels can pose a threat to humans, as they are potential carriers of diseases such as Rabies, Salmonella, Lyme Disease, Tularemia, and more. For that reason, it is best to let a trusted squirrel control, trapping, and removal professional help you remove them.
- Clean up your yard on a regular basis
- Cut back tree branches or move other objects that might extend too close to your home
- Buy a metal collar to place around power poles or isolated trees
- Make sure there are no gaps around your home or crawl space, and seal up entry points
- Use a mesh barrier to put around things you don’t want the squirrels getting into
There are some at home remedies you could try to treat for squirrels coming onto your property, such as putting Chili powder around your plants, or treating the area with oils like peppermint or eucalyptus. Though those methods may help, sometimes squirrels can be persistent, and you may need to call in pest control professionals to get the job done. At Get Lost Pest Control, we have the proper training and equipment to trap your squirrels and remove them from your property. We are also contract-free and family owned. Don’t be afraid to give us a call!