Cockroaches may take shelter in places that have narrow cracks or crevices. On your property, this could be places like behind the refrigerator, under the sink, in a dark cabinet, or in other major appliances. Since cockroaches like dark, damp places to live, they could likely end up in common Payette buildings or homes. For example, if apartments like Payette Plaza had rooms with damp or dirty space, cockroaches could easily infiltrate! Get Lost Pest Control is your local Payette cockroach control company that has the tools to address and eliminate your pest problem!
- Have oval-shaped bodies
- Bodies will appear flat and measure from ¾ up to 3 inches in length
- Color of cockroaches scales from brown to red, though they can be white for a short time after molting
Cockroaches can be a huge allergen source and potentially be an asthma trigger. They can also carry bacteria that can make you ill if left on food. The World Health Organization also reports that cockroaches can carry pathogens that may cause a variety of diseases including gastroenteritis, dysentery, cholera, leprosy, typhoid fever, plague, poliomyelitis, and salmonellosis.
- Keep your house clean
- Limit the places that you eat
- Store food in sealed containers
- Take out your trash regularly
- Dry up moist areas
- Seal entrances and access points
- Repair loose siding or any rotting wood boards
For your home:
- Clean up
- Use sticky traps
- Sometimes you can use smells like thyme, citrus, basil, mint, and citronella
- If you touch a cockroach, wash your hands immediately
- If a cockroach bites you, wash the area with warm soapy water as soon as possible
- If you touch your eyes, nose, mouth or an open wound after touching a contaminated item, their pathogens can enter your body and cause infection
- If you feel sick after the items listed above, you may need to see your doctor
Cockroaches are gross insects that involve a lot of health risks, and are probably not a pest you want to get rid of on your own. As your local Payette cockroach control company, Get Lost Pest Control has the experience to properly get rid of cockroaches on your property!