Gophers in Payette are a BIG problem. Often, the most damaging pests are those that go largely unseen, burrowing beneath the ground and wreaking havoc. They can be responsible for ruining lawns and killing trees as well as destroying gardens, pastures and crops. Gophers can reproduce rapidly, and without professional intervention can be difficult to eradicate. This makes Payette Gopher Control very important regular property maintenance.
Gophers usually remain underground in their burrows, while occasionally coming above ground to feed near their holes. They create these burrows by tunneling and pushing the dirt to the surface. Fresh mounds of soil are a good indicator of recent gopher activity. These mounds are typically horseshoe or crescent shaped.
Why are gophers in Payette so damaging?
- While burrowing and creating tunnels under your property, they push up mounds of dirt. These are unsightly, and the holes can pose a great threat to livestock such as cows or horses. They can also cause hazards with farm machinery and could potentially cause big problems for golf courses such as Scotch Pines Golf Course.
- Gophers have voracious appetites. They feed on a variety of vegetation, including trees, shrubs, crops, or your favorite flowers. They can cause serious damage to agricultural areas. While burrowing, they will eat the roots of plants they come across. A gopher infestation could wreak havoc for businesses such as a Plant Nursery.
- Like any other rodent, gophers love to chew through things. They have been known to chew their way through water lines or other underground utilities.
- Gophers leave damage even after they are removed. Abandoned tunnels can easily siphon irrigation water away from your crops or landscaping.
- Gophers do not hibernate and are active at all times of the year. This can constantly create problems for those who have been infested.
If you have noticed the tell-tale crescent shaped dirt mounds or other signs on your property, it is time to say goodbye to those gophers! A Payette gopher infestation can be tricky to get rid of, especially with traditional removal methods. At Get Lost Pest Control, we use an eradication system called pressurized exhaust rodent control (PERC). This is an easy and safe solution to eliminate gophers. Using an internal combustion engine, we pump a lethal concentration of carbon monoxide into a tunnel system to safely eliminate any unwanted rodents. With this process, there are no explosions that would disturb horses or other livestock. In addition, there are no traps or poisons that can cause danger to children and pets. We offer residential, commercial, and agricultural control for gophers in Idaho. Contact us at Get Lost Pest Control today for help with Middleton Gopher Control!