- Their name comes from the “lobsterlike” pattern on the pronotum
- Mating occurs roughly 6 days after maturing, but developmental time from egg to adult is about 122 days
- In a controlled setting, adults will live for about 1 year
- This cockroach is found in tropical and subtropical areas
- This species lives mainly outdoors and occasionally can live inside structures
- They feed on plant materials like fruits, grains, and vegetables
Where to Find Them on Your Property?
You will find Lobster Cockroaches outside of buildings, but if they are hungry, they may be in places like milling plants, food storage areas, warehouses, and more. You may also find them in yard debris around your home, so it’s best to clean up around the foundation. If you have fruit trees, make sure there are no fallen pieces on the ground. It is also important not to leave pet food out in the open for too long, as they love the oils contained in those foods.