Boise pest control is a year-round venture. There is never a shortage of pests trying to enter our homes, and that means a need for constant diligence to make sure they stay out. Springtime brings warmer weather which we love! But, that also means that pests that have been laying dormant over the winter make themselves known again. Spring is high time for the reappearance of ants, hornets, wasps, and flies that make our lives miserable. With any kind of pest, prevention is extremely important. Here are a few tips for your springtime Boise pest control efforts.
- Seal up exteriors – Doors, windows, foundations and roof lines are among the most common entry points to a home. Do a thorough inspection of the outside of your house, and seal any cracks you may see.
- Fix screens – Flies and stinging insects often find their way indoors through openings in screens and cracks in windows.
- Trim up landscaping and foliage – If you haven’t gotten yourself up to date on your springtime yard work, now is the best time to start. Any overgrown plants near your home will harbor pests, and make it more likely that they will enter your home.
- Treat your pets – Fleas and ticks easily enter our homes through our pests. Make sure your dogs and cats are up to date on their flea and tick medicine. If you go walking or hiking with your dog, thoroughly check it for ticks before bringing it inside.
- Seal up potential food sources – Food is not only a major attractant of pests, but will allow them to thrive and multiply once they have found their way in. Food storage should be tightly sealed and inaccessible, as well as food items in the pantry. Any food waste should be promptly disposed of and taken out. To prevent termites, make sure there is no dead or rotting wood on your property or near your home.
A little bit of effort goes a long way toward your Boise pest control efforts in spring. Putting in the effort now will help you enjoy the warmer months without worrying about pest infestations. If you are seeing pest activity and can’t seem to control it on your own, Get Lost Pest Control is here to help! Our professional Boise pest control services can take care of nearly any pest you may have.